Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Kept Wallet

[Kept%20Wallet][bsummary]

Earning

[Earning][bigposts]

Tips For Earning

[Tips%20For%20Earning][twocolumns]

How to Easily Sell Used Books Online {Electronics and Video Games Too!}

The other day I was cleaning out a bookshelf and there were so many books that I didn't need anymore. They were only there collecting dust. I wanted to see how I could easily sell used books online and after being contacted by this company called Decluttr, I knew exactly what to do.

I write a lot about things to sell to make money, and books and games are always at the top of my list.

The lazy Lauren wanted to box them up and drop them off at the door at my local thrift store, but once I saw how easy it would be to box them up and ship them to Decluttr I decided it was worth the little extra effort and make some extra cash.

What is Decluttr? Decluttr is the easiest way to sell your unwanted CDs, DVDs, Games, Blu-Rays, Books, LEGO® and Tech! It’s completely free, and it’s easy to get started too.

Here’s how it works:

I decided to try it out myself and see if they really lived up to their promise of easy shipping and quick payments.  I figured it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to use Decluttr to sell used books online. Here is what I did to get cash from Decluttr.

How to Easily Sell Used Books Online:

1.) Downloaded their free Decluttr app (It is available for both iPhone and Android users). With the app you can easily scan the barcodes of the items you are looking to sell to them, then decide if you want that item to go into the shipment to them.

2.) Scan Scan Scan. I went through my house (literally every nook and cranny) and found items to scan. If the app told me it was worth more than $0.25, I put it in a box I had set aside. Why only $0.25 you may ask? I was going to donate most of these items anyways, so anything over a quarter I thought was worth my time. They give you the amount that they will pay you right on the app as you can, that way you know what the grand total of your shipment will make you in cash.

3.) Prepared a shipment. Once I had scanned all my items and had them in a box, I started going through the process of setting up the shipment through the app. I ended up filling the box with mostly books and a few old Xbox games that my kids don't play anymore. Once shipment was prepared, they sent me this welcome email immediately along with a free prepaid shipping label! (You do this all through the app, it's super easy).

They claim that they will pay you the day after your order arrives and they check the order in. This is what the email looked like.

Sell used Books online

4.) I printed off the prepaid shipping label, taped up my box and shipped it to them. I may have spent about 15 minutes more to ship to Decluttr than if I had decided to donate to the thrift store.

5.)  Received my cash as promised on next day. I was a little hesitant about their promise for receiving such a quick payment, but I was surprised that the day after they received my box I got a Paypal payment directly from them.

The profit: I made $23.07.

This isn't a huge profit, but I was going to donate these items anyways. For just a few minutes of my time, I was able to make some extra cash.

The verdict:

This is the easiest online selling I've ever done. It is definitely the easiest way to sell used books online.  I've done a lot of these “pack up your items and ship to us for cash” type of companies. Often times they don't pay well and it takes months to get your payment. I am happy to say that I think Decluttr pays very well for the items you send in, and the payment is FAST!

Here are the items that they accept:

  • CD's
  • DVDs
  • Blu-Rays
  • Books
  • LEGO®
  • Tech (apple, wearables, Android, tablets etc)
  • Video Games

If you don't have time to sell things online yourself and often donate just to get things out of your house, you NEED to ship to Decluttr instead. It was SO easy and nice to make a little extra cash for doing something so simple!

Let me know if you want to become a reselling rockstar and try it! I would love to hear what you think!

Disclosure: This is a sponsored piece of content. Decluttr reached out to me to see if I would be able to share their service with all of you, once I tried it and saw how easy it was I knew I had to share it! As always, opinions are all my own.

Read More Source

No comments:

Post a Comment